Saturday, December 29, 2007
Dscaler is an open-source windows utility that allows you to record from your tv,vcr,console or other source right into your pc, Dscaler uses Deinterlacing so that the picture you end up getting seing in your pc is of the most quality and without artifacts, you can see a comparison next up.
get it at http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Weather watcher lets you check the worldwide weather from your desktop,just install it and hover your mouse pointer to the system tray and icon check the weather,weather watcher is available for windows only.
get it at http://www.singerscreations.com/AboutWeatherWatcher.asp
Monday, December 24, 2007
AVIScreen lets you either capture a screen of your desktop or make a video from it!, you can either make it so that it records your whole screen or using a neat feature called follow the cursor to record a small patch of screen and aviscreen will record where your mouse is on the screen. one of the coolest features of this software is that it lets you use whatever codec you have installed as the output of the video file like divx, this helps a lot by decreasing the size of final file. AVIScreen is an awesome utility if you would like to make screencast for youtube or any other video sharing file, AVIScreen is 100% free for windows OS`s.
get it at: http://www.bobyte.com/AviScreen/index.asp
the following video shows a video i made using AVIScreen,sorry for the crappy quality:
Friday, December 21, 2007
Exact audio copy is a cd ripper for windows, with it you can rip your favorite tracks to your computer, its pretty awesome.
it has a bunch of features:
- A secure, a fast and a burst extraction methods selectable. Fast extraction should run at the same speed as other grabbers with jitter correction, but is probably not exact anymore. Burst mode just grabs the audio data without any synchronization.
- Detection of read errors and complete losses of sync and correction in the secure mode, as far as possible
- Output of time positions of all non-exact corrections and the possibility to listen to these positions
- EAC is able to copy ranges of music data, not only tracks
- Automatic speed reduction on read errors and fallback to a higher speed afterwards (depends on the used drive)
- Volume normalization of extracted audio to a given percentage
- Usage of the Windows Audio Compression manager (ACM Codecs) for direct compression to e.g. MP3 waves
- Support for the LAME DLL that is usable like an ACM Codec for on-the-fly MP3 compression
- Support of external MP3, WMA, flac and OggVorbis encoders for automatic compression after extraction (supports multi-processor environments)
- Batch compression to WAV files and decompression of supported encoded files to WAV
- Compression offset support for exact compression/decompression
- Detection of pre-track gaps (positions where negative track times runs towards 00:00:00)
- Detection of silence in pre-track gaps
- Automatic creation of CUE sheets for Burnnn, Feurio, Nero or even EAC, which can include all gaps, indicies, track attributes, UPC and ISRC and also CD-Text for an exact copy
- CD player functionality and prelistening to selected ranges
- Automatic detection of drive features, whether a drive has an accurate stream and/or does caching
- Sample offsets for drives with noaccurate streams, including the option of filling up missing samples with silence
- Synchronizing between tracks for non-accurate stream drives
- Trackname editing with local/remote CD databases support and more features like ID3 tagging
- Browse and edit local database
- Certified Escient ® CDDB(TM)Compatible
- Local CDDB support
- Record and loop record functions for recording from LP, radio, etc.
- Automatic renaming of MP3 files accordingto their ID3 tag
- Catalog extraction function (e.g. first 20 seconds of a track)
- Multisession (CD-Extra) support
- CD-Text support
- CD-Write support for some drives (internally and using CDRDAO)
- ID3 V1.1 tag editor with drag and drop ability from track listing and CD database browser
- Glitch removal after extraction
- Small WAV editor with the following functionality: delete, trim, normalize, pad, glitch removal, pop detection, interpolation of ranges, noise reduction, fade in/out, undo (and much more)
- Program is free for personal use, so feel free to copy
Keepass is an open source password manager for windows, it saves all your passwords with a single master password using encryption,it can be installed or runned from the EXE file so that it can run from a pendrive, and a bunch of other features. keepass is awesome for us paranoids that always fear of someone getting our passwords, a definitive recommendation.
get it at: http://keepass.info/index.html
PS: its feels good to be back :)
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
CloneSpy removes duplicates files in your hard drive, its a handy tool if you keep downloading stuff from the internet like i dunno pictures,music or porn.Clone spy is awesome and is available for windows.
With CloneSpy you can process files which
- are duplicates
- are duplicates and have the same file name
- have the same file name
- have the same file name and (approximately) the same size
- are zero bytes long
CloneSpy can handle equal files by
- deleting redundant files
- moving redundant files to a specific folder
- exporting a list of all equal files without removing any files
- deferring file operations on redundant files to a batch file where you can apply arbitrary file operations
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Katmouse is mouse enhancer for windows, its main function is to provide universal scrolling (moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly beneath the mouse cursor) and make the wheel button perform an special function like pushing an active window to the bottom of the desktop, Katmouse is a great utility.
get it at http://ehiti.de/katmouse/
Warning forever is a shoot`em up game were you basically you keep fighting boss after boss, the twist is that every time you defeat the boss it comes back stronger and bigger based on your style of play,for example it might get more missile turrets if you lost a life by a missile ,stuf like that, warning forever is great game that you can keep playing for hours if you enjoy shoot`em up games,available for windows.
get it at http://www18.big.or.jp/~hikoza/Prod/
Friday, December 7, 2007
Comic rack is a donationware comic reader for windows, it has all the usual features like fullscreen,color adjustments,multi tab interface,Etc. but in addition comic rack supports advanced features like list customization, tag and editing tools, smart lists,library share trough the Internet so that you can access your comic from your work via wireless,batch converting that make it more similar to itunes than just a simple comic reader.
ComicRack is a great tool.
ComicRack requires the .NET framework
get it at http://comicrack.cyolito.com/
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Flexible renamer is a file/folder renaming utility, which can use Wildcard or Regular-Expression and Tag-information (MP3, EXIF).
get it at http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/english/FlexRena/
SendTo 1.6 simplifies sending any file or folder to any location on your computer, using the Right Click 'Send To' menu. You can even send to applications and FTP sites on the internet.
get it at http://www.trogsoft.com/
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Xfire is an IM oriented to gamers,with it you can chat with friends playing several games without you having to join said game,in addition it can detect the game server and use voicechat, Xfire is a great tool for PC gamers that like to play online.
get it at http://www.xfire.com/
Pidgin is an open source multi-protocol instant messenger that can connect to nearly all the popular instant messengers,its easy to use and it can be launched from a pendrive without installation,its has most of the features of the original clients plus extra features trough the use of plugins like spellchecking,buddy ticker,text replacement,tabbed conversations,Etc.
Pidgin is awesome.
Pidgin supports: AIM,Bonjour,Gadu-Gadu,Google Talk,Groupwise,ICQ,IRC,MSN,MySpaceIM,QQ,SILC,SIMPLE,Sametime,XMPP,Yahoo!,Zephyr
get it at http://www.pidgin.im/
Monday, December 3, 2007
Sizeme scans directories and tells you how many floppy\CD\DVD`s will take to backup your data,its an awesome utility for windows.
- MusicMode a “Playlist generator” added
- Wizard for setting your options
- Some critical bugs fixed!
- ISO file creation on a disc
- Possible to use hotkeys for functions
- Context menu handle on every item
- Copy, move and delete function on each disc
- Each scan is done in only once instance
- Drag’n'Drop support so you can simply drag the Disc into Nero (or any other preferred burning software) and it will add the maximized disc. Remember that you can right-click on the discs to, functions like: copy, move and so on are there
- Customizes as you select
- Context menu handling by right clicking on a drive anywhere in Explorer
Restoration is another great tool for recovery of files that have been deleted,it works as a standalone exe so that you can carry it out in your pendrive,it works with FAT and NTFS,restoration is available for windows.
get it at http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html